IGD is a training and research charity.
Information for the food and consumer goods industry.
Retail Analysis is your window on the world of retail, providing insights on retailers, countries, stores and trends.
Our team of retail experts track the latest industry trends, deliver and analyse key news, and visit retailers and their stores around the world to provide you with commercial insights that will help you build stronger plans and work more effectively day-to-day.
Get the latest insights on Coronavirus (COVID-19) to help your business understand what the food and grocery industry is doing around the world.
Use your supply chain to be more efficient, improve capability and grow your company. Supply Chain Analysis gives you the latest insight, case studies and thought leadership on how to build a successful supply chain.
In the final report of the vulnerabilities series, we examine how your supply chain strategies can create new risks to be managed as well as improving your ability to serve the needs of your customers.
Essentially, we’ll provide insight on the following aspects:
* Benefits and compromises of centralisation
* Benefits and compromises of decentralisation
* How greater automation can introduce new challenges
* Digitalisation and the cyberthreat
* How cutting costs creates vulnerabilities
* The importance of developing and acquiring capabilities to respond
The report also outlines the things to keep in mind going forward:
* Sophisticated modelling of supply chain scenarios can help highlighting risks and opportunities
* Diversifying the supply base can reduce the impact of disruption
* Regular inventory reviews based on horizon scanning exercises can protect you from predictable disruption
* Being aware of and open to new approaches that aim to address challenges created by a more volatile world
* Embracing new techniques in order to develop capability