We look at what Iceland Foods is doing to meet the evolving challenges of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Limiting the online service
- Online delivery is only available to shoppers over the state pension age, self-isolating or other vulnerable people
- Every product is limited to a maximum of two per customer
- Essentials such as toilet paper and pasta are limited to one per customer
Adapting store opening hours
- Some stores are operating reduced opening hours
- Priority shopping hours have been introduced at Iceland;
- First hour of trading will be dedicated to elderly and vulnerable shoppers
- Final hour of trading will be dedicated to NHS staff only (ID must be shown)
- Priority shopping hours at Iceland The Food Warehouse;
- 7am-8am for NHS staff only
- 8am-9am for elderly and vulnerable shoppers
- Iceland is encouraging shoppers to donate to the National Emergencies Trust on its website and through social media
- The retailer has donated £150k to the Age UK £10 million Coronavirus Emergency Appeal
Looking for more insight?